The goth in me…
Teach me to smile
I’ve forgotten the way
Teach me to speak
What can I say?
Show me your god
To whom I’ve never prayed
Be with me
No one else has stayed
Strengthen my heart
For it is tattered and frayed
I would learn to love
If you let me, if I may
And if I learn to live
How much must I pay?
Will you take my life?
And lay it on a silver tray
And if I take your hand
Will we be o.k?
Or will you fight
And keep me away
Will you teach me to love?
Or keep my feelings at bay
Should I be with you?
At night and in the day
Or should I do what you say
And stay so far away
Today, i thought i would talk a little bit about my favorite subject…..me!!! I thought a while about how i would describe myself and here’s what i came up with….
I love to explore the dark recesses of the human psyche! Dark sensuality, sweeping sadness, forbidden love, the beauty of enduring pain, you get the picture. Here’s a bit more:
- I feel the need to spend a lot of time creating things (music, art, poetry, philosophies, stories and the like)
- I like museums and cultural centers
- I understand and even enjoy Shakespeare, Shelley, Browning or some other similar work without having to read the Cliffe Notes
- I know the difference between nihilism and existentialism, even if I don’t really live by either
- I really, truly enjoy music of many kinds
- I am a very sensual person (aware of color, texture, sound, taste and scent)
- I don’t understand why the people around me spend so much time watching TV
- I don’t feel comfortable looking just like everyone else I know
- I do feel comfortable just being myself, even if no one else around is anything like me
- I wonder why a lot, and come up with some interesting answers
- I wonder how a lot, and often figure it out on my own
- I don’t just reject something because I don’t understand it
- I base my opinions of people on who they are and what they do rather than what they look like
- I am not afraid of the unknown
- I am not afraid of the dark
- I am afraid of mediocrity
Well, there you have it. By the way, my favorite color is black!!!!!