My running musings…OR I shut my eyes in order to see!
I think, therefore i am! Here i am contemplating ummm, should i order the chicken parm or the big salad? The big salad won out! It was fucking good too!
So, i think this post should be about my running. Ok, where to start? In one week on April 29th it will be 3 months since i started back running after about a 8 month absense due to a *broken toe* (ouch). I am loving it more as each day passes. Today, not so much! :O(
Here’s why…or at least here’s what i think…
1) the weather – it was gorgeous, but real warm and i do not do warm well. I was dressed OK but i was sweating profusly. The sweat was dripping off my hair into my eyes, stinging them! This hurt and made me continuously swipe at my hair and eyes which seemed to make the stinging worse. I need something to catch the sweat, before it hits my eyes! Any suggestions?
2) I am tired…very tired physically. I did not get a good nights sleep and was up at 4am. I seemed to lose my energy after i hit 3 miles. I wanted to run 4 miles today, i simply could not. For once i listened to my body.
3) I am hungry. Now i don’t know about you guys, but when i am hungry and running i seem to once again lose my energy while glancing up at the clouds thinking i see a bagel with cream cheese! Now mind you, i do not even eat bagels anymore, i should be seeing a green smoothie in the clouds right? I do not. Just yesterday i thought i saw a yodel floating by. I did try to grab it too but i think another runner got to it first!
4) I was a little concerned about my outfit. The orange tee-shirt i was wearing, while very flattering to my upper body, somehow kept creeping up and exposed my flabbly tummy. I am simply not ready to shock the people i run with. I like to keep certain areas of my body covered at all times. It’s just not fair to the rest of the running community!
5) Should there be a #5? Maybe, now i should talk about some of the really good things about running.
1) I feel good!
2) I look good!
3) I am good!
4) running is good!
Sorry thats all my feable brain can come up with.
Ah, one more thing…the water fountains on the boardwalk are now up and running. Right now, the water is wonderfully ice cold and lovely! I am not so sure this will last, as the much warmer weather approaches the water seems to slowly but surely warm up. I have a big pet peeve about these water fountains. In the summer, many many people use these fountains. Now i would have no problem, if they used it for umm, drinking…They do not. It is used for cleaning of ones feet, coming from the beach.
I am not a violent person, nor do i look for fights but this annoys me to no end. I do not appreciate seeing a foot in the same water fountain that i put my lips on. I tried yelling, putting up signs, talking rationally, nothing works. Guess, i’ll just have to accept it and bring my own water or wait until i get home.
I am taking much more pictures of myself running and the boardwalk as well. Be patient, it will come.
I need help, i want to run longer, i can’t. I stress over this. Makes me nuts!
You know your a runner:
- when all your friends think you eat too healthy.
- when you not only eat gels, but you know the best flavors of every brand.
- when you consider pasta a food group.
- when the sports drinks are in front of the soda, beer, and juice in your fridge.
- when you know the name of all the checkers at your local health food store.
- when you have two eggs, two pieces of toast, a slice of cheese, a glass of juice, and a yogurt for breakfast and are hungry again by 11:00 a.m.
- when you drink your least favorite kind of sports drink because you know it is what will be handed out at waterstops at your next race and you want your body to be accustomed to it.
- when pasta is the only food you’ll eat two nights before a race.
And finally, i am having a heated debate with my cousin. He says weight lifting is an aerobic exercise! I say NO WAY! He says that he does it for 2 1/2 hours and his heart rate is elevated. I still say NO WAY? Is it? What do you say?