I got tagged….your it Ted and Marcy!!!
By my friend Erin! She loves my blog and i don’t blame her! Thanks Erin, my almost neighbor!!
Here’s the deal. I do read a lot of blogs but i thought to myself that anybody that tolerates me as a buddy and anybody that totally makes me giggle every single time i read her blog deserves the “I love your blog” award!! Six random things about myself are in order:
1) 1) Well, i ran and finished the 1991 NYC Marathon ! Yes, folks and it wasn’t easy! I am proud of myself for having the will-power to keep on going even though my legs were screaming at me at every STOP sign to literally stop!
In the same vein, in 1995 when i was training for the same marathon (well not the same, it was 4 years later) I was in Los Angeles for a friends wedding and on a run, i got hit by a car and fractured my left ankle! It was aweful, i was alone (sis was back at hotel). I remember falling to the ground and ripping off my sneaker and sock only to discover the inevitable swelling. I also remember actually asking the policeman on the scene if he thinks i could still run the marathon, as if, if he said yes, it would all be OK! Long story, short, i had to undergo surgery
open reduction internal fixation to place pins and screws in my ankle, spent 2 days in hospital, flew home in a cast up to my knee extremely disappointed. I have never run another marathon since, but completely healed and can run 5 miles perfectly!!!
2) I am a huge fan of foreign films AND cable TV shows!
3) I used to be painfully shy as a child! I mean crazy shy to the point where i felt myself blushing, it was as if the blood in my face was slowly rising from my neck up to the tip of my head in slow motion! It was quite embarassing to me. Even to this day, when i meet somebody new i may blush just a bit. I am so happy that all that is behind me. Now, i can hold my own in pretty much any conversation except (and i’m not happy about this) politics. I just never seem to know enough to add anything useful to the conversation. It bothers me, which is leading me to read up on it as much as possible!
Also, and i am proud of this…I am a Dork! Or is now a Geek? Or Nerd? To me, being a dork or geek or nerd is a from of coolness! It’s being different in the face of mediocrity!
4) I cannot read or use my computer without my reading glasses! Yep, i am blind as a bat! Also, at restaurants i need my glasses to read over the menu! It’s a bit of a pain in the ass for me, because true to form i am always forgetting to take my glasses when i go out! So, to remedy that, i purchased one of the cheap reading glasses you find at CVS or Walgreens. I was looking for something like this: cool black frames because, well they are cool black frames…but..i ended up with a sort of rounded metal frame that serves the purpose of reading when out and about. Not really cool but thats OK!
6) I am having a love affair with all things APPLE!! Two ipods, Mac Book and its just so much fun. I take my Mac Book with me mostly all the time. Don’t worry, not when i run!!
7) I have 5 tattoos!!
Ok, all done here! Weather has been amazing. Today, i once again saw an incredible sunrise it takes my breathe away. Photos coming soon, i promise!!!
If you change the way you look at things the things you look at change – Wayne Dyer