I Am Running…Virtually Across America…
There is something special and so right about this. A virtual run across America. The USA!! Please, run right now over to Nikemom and read all about it and then get involved. I am beyond excited to be able to participate in this. It took me almost 1 year to get to the point i am at right now. I am not a new runner. But, i’ve been running consistently for the last year. Before that, on and off for 20 years. Each time i stopped running for various reasons, running found me again. I simply couldn’t get rid of running in my life no matter how hard i tried or how much i thought i hated it. I don’t hate it. We all know that. Running is a very big part of my life.
Here are some of the reasons i am excited about this virtual race across America:
- This gives me at least one specific goal to work towards.
- I will put it out to the universe right now….i am going to attempt 10 miles.
- By running 10 miles, i will know in my heart that a marathon is possible for me.
- I feel this amazing camaraderie and a spirit of friendly good-fellowship and love.
- Every day that i run is another day that i can feel good about myself.
- I feel grateful that i have the ability to run.
So, if you run for fun, or you race every weekend, or you walk, skip, hop, jump…whatever just get out there. Life is waiting for you. Have fun. Love every moment.
I am a runner. I am not sure how i got to this point, but that doen’t matter. What matters the most is that i recognize that i am in a very special place and time and i need to grasp that and keep moving forward.
So, 10 miler here i come. I will work up to it and get there. And, who knows where those 10 miles will take me. I am so anxious to find out!!! Won’t you all come along for the ride??