To Streak Or Not To Streak…..
I’ve been contemplating this for a while now. Being that today is December 1st i thought i’d start a streak. A running streak that is! Not to worry, there will be no naked photos of myself running. No naked photos of myself watching my favorite cartoons! No naked photos of myself eating oatmeal in the morning. And absolutely no naked photos of myself doing anything else involving being naked. SORRY!
So, my goal is to run every single day of December and run on January 1st, then end it. The only few concerns i have are:
1) Bad weather….i am not talking cold weather. Just the bad stuff like rain and snow. I can run in either but i never usually do.
2) Bad menstrual pain. OK, guys look away if you get queasy. Now girls, i get the pain in my lower back. It hurts but i take some advil and am usually good to go. For this streak, i am hoping my menstrual pain comes late. Not that i don’t want it to come at all, because then that could mean a pregnancy. Then i would have to have a baby and make that baby a runner to finish the streak i couldn’t due to having a baby.
3) Getting sick…ex: cough/wheeze/runny nose/chest congestion/aches/pains. Again, usually this kind of stuff never stops me. Except of course if i literally cannot rise from my very comfy bed and if my head is pounding.
4) Falling during a run. Yes, this has happened. The boards are a treacherous place to run. So much danger lurking. One must be careful and alert at all times. Sometimes, Michelle is not alert. Sometimes, Michelle plays with Seth and Ipod at the same time. That is a big no-no.
5) Hypothermia! Difficulty speaking, sluggish thinking, and amnesia start to appear; inability to use hands and stumbling is also usually present. exposed skin becomes blue and puffy, muscle coordination becomes very poor, walking becomes almost impossible, and the victim exhibits incoherent/irrational behavior Pulse and respiration rates decrease significantly, but fast heart rates (ventricular tachycardia, atrial fibrillation) can occur. Major organs fail. Clinical death occurs.
If any of the above happens to me, i will discontinue the streak!! Understandable!
So, there you have it folks. The perils of a streak as described by a person who has streaked in the past.
So far, i ran 1 day of my steak. That would be today. It was a very windy sort of hard run. It was NOT cold, but the wind was there my friends. The wind….steady as she blows. The ocean was angry and each step i took reminded me of the person i want to be. Stubborn and determined not to let mere wind stop her. That would be me.
So, i just need some support. Rally around me. Push me. Pull me. Just make it happen for me. I know, i am asking a lot but just do it for goodness sakes.
Love you guys!!!
Tomorrow is day 2!!!
“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot