I Am Free…..
I am free!!!! Up to a point. Yes, I am free of running right now, but to me, I feel shackled to my non-running self. Shackled to the very fact that indeed, I can plant my fat ass on the couch and just not move. I feel almost tied down and heavy with despair.
Next Saturday is the NYRRC Al Gordon Snowflake 5K!!!
I want to run it. Would you like to see some horrifying facts?? Sure, I’ll show you!
|Jan 2009||4||4:31:26||24.16||11′ 14||2,813||+191||-188||+3||1.8||—|
|Feb 2009||1||0:35:42||3.00||11′ 54||314||+26||-26||+0||1.9||—|
Now you tell me? Should I be horrified?? In the year 2009 I ran 5 times. For a total of 5 hours 7 min and 8 sec. 27.16 miles. 3127 calories burned, which by the way, I’ve totally eaten my way back.
When I look at those stats, I feel sick to my stomach. Folks, in 46 days I have run 5 times. That is truly horrifying.
I will most probably never reach my goal of running 1000 miles this year. Nor will i reach my goal of running 5 half marathons. So, of course I have to reestablish and rethink all of my 2009 running goals.
Here they are:
1) Run 4 Half Marathons
Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and NYC Half.
2) Run a fall marathon…..perhaps!
3) Get into a groove of running 5 days a week 5 miles a day. Then when training, up the mileage using a sensible training program where I have enough rest days and enough mileage to help me finish a race in a respectable time.
4) Use Seth wisely. In other words, I don’t want to be a slave to the numbers. Makes me too much of a nervous runner. I want to run freely without the constraints of constantly glancing at the garmin.
5) LiSTEN TO MY BODY!!! If my body is hurting, I need to rest it and let it heal. Nuff said there.
6) As far as mileage for the year??? No clue and I don’t care.
7) I would love to PR in a few races. A 5K and a 10K for sure. The Halfs are all unfamiliar territory at this point.
8) I want to be a better runner in the way I look. Technique and form.
9) I don’t want these new goals written in stone. Just sand perhaps!!
10) I want to fall in love with running all over again. This one is a no-brainer.
So, I guess thats it for now.
I will be going for an X-ray of my TOE this week. I am crossing my fingers and my TOES that it shows lots of good healing and that perhaps I can run a bit. Just a bit, is all i ask for!!!
I love this photo!! Calvin and Hobbs, all happy and giggling. I can do that to!!! I can be like that!!!
To all of you racing today GOOD LUCK!! To all of you that raced yesterday YAY!!!! Superdave, congrats on your 10K PR!!!
Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. “Pooh!” he whispered. “Yes, Piglet?” “Nothing,” said Piglet, taking Pooh’s paw. “I just wanted to be sure of you.” A.A. Milne
I am indeed, very sure of all of you!!!!