I Will Be Running….SOON – I Hope!!!
Edit: This is the exact same post that I posted on my other blog. You know, the other one! I did this because I wanted to tell the same story here, that I told over there!!! GOT IT? Also, I have no clue why #8 is a smilie face? Not a clue? Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Also, I can’t figure out how to get my words to go beneath the photo. I tried. It’s not happening. WORDPRESS? I am not feeling you! I may move you to BLOGGER and be done with it!!
I sat in Dr. Toe’s office today for 1 hour and 32 minutes. In the waiting room. Surrounded by other ailing feet people. It real TOE time that is about 47 gazillion billion hours. Dr. Toe greeted me with a smile and a cup of TOE. Ooops that would be a cup of JOE!! I asked Dr. Toe if he would please make me a grande skinny vanilla latte – he didn’t find that amusing and walked away.
It was then that I set out to keep myself occupied. I whipped out my sexy reading glasses and slipped them on all sexy like. I hoped that the glasses stayed put and didn’t start sliding down my nose almost to the tip. That look is not too sexy and not what I was going for. I then looked through my backpack searching for reading material. I had my beloved April issue of Runner’s World magazine and decided that I should probably read it so I don’t forget, you know, how to run!!!
Some of my thoughts while waiting:
1) Oh no, my glasses are sliding down my face and that man over there is staring at me!
2) Oooh there’s Dr. Toe, maybe he will make the latte for me afterall.
3) Nope he didn’t
4) I feel the need to pee! Should I just go OR ask if I can use the restroom. Why is it called a restroom anyway? I really didn’t intend to do any resting in there. Just squat, pee, wipe, wash and EXIT RIGHT!!!
5) I asked, she said 3rd door on the right……ummm 1 – 2 – 3 I FOUND IT!!!
6) Ok so i just read an article on how to lose 5 lbs a month. Hmm, I thought i was doing all that. Why does it seem I am gaining 5 lbs a month????
7) Lady next to me in wheelchair is staring at me. Ummm, do I have snot on my face or what??
8) Wow, look at that orthopedic shoe!! It’s PINK!! Why was I given a black shoe? Pink is so cool!!! Ok, well not really but still it’s hot pink!!
9) OH MY GOD – I AM SO BORED – I finished my magazine a year ago, when am I going to be called in!!!!
10) Michelle??? MICHELLE??? MICHELLE??? Yikes Dr. TOE is calling me just when I found a great song on my iPod!! Should I ignore him??? DUDE, can’t you see I am listening to my iPOD? OK, I just need to pack up my backpack, I’ve only been here like FOREVER!!!!!!!
So, I decided to come clean and tell him I ran 3 days ago. For 2 miles. He didn’t even yell at me like I thought he would. He just kinda smirked and said “yeah, you runners you”……So, lets see what the damage is. He did some sort of range of motion crap and said, NO DAMAGE DONE. Yippee. Then he did some sort of high tech ultrasound treatment on me. When the probe hit the break, I won’t lie, it hurt. He said my bones were vibrating. WORD!! Then he said that I can…..wait for it…..wait for it…..wait for it….i forgot. He said I can walk!!! WTF?? I can fucking walk. Do you realize what that means? I don’t. No, I do.
It means, I can move!!! Freely! Like the wind….2-3 miles. I am beyond happy. Tomorrow morning I am so out there. Garmin is being charged as I type this. iPod is being charged as I type this. I know, its only walking but still…
He knows I want to run a half mary on May 30th. He knows this and seems to think that it may very well be possible. Of course, I have to be a good girlie and umm listen to Dr. Toe’s orders. I will try. My best. Not to run until the gate is lifted and I am out of the what do you call it?? A gated community of non-runners??
This is huge! It means, perhaps, maybe, soon, very soon, I can run again? He is trying hard to avoid having to cut me open. HUGE I say!!! He is my new hero!!!
OH, also my runner/doctor bestest friend has offered me the use of her life cycle and elliptical machine at her home. I am all over that like sweat on a runner in 90 degree weather!! WOOHOO!!
The Universe told me today:
Something that might add some sugar and spice to your daily comings and goings, Michelle, would be to constantly remind yourself, “I created this, because I wanted to.”
Prepare to be empowered,
This quote I’ve had taped to my mirror for the longest time. I’d like to share it with you:
Successful people are Dreamers
Who have found a dream too exciting,
too important to remain in the realm of fantasy
and who, day by day
hour by hour, toiled in
the service of their
dreams until they can
touch it with their hands
and see it with