I Don’t Want to Live on the Moon
Well, I’d like to visit the moon
On a rocket ship high in the air
Yes, I’d like to visit the moon
But I don’t think I’d like to live there
Though I’d like to look down at the earth from above
I would miss all the places and people I love
So although I might like it for one afternoon
I don’t want to live on the moon
Things i ponder:
Is mother nature and father time married?
How long is a moment?
Why do fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?
Why is it that people say they “slept like a baby” when babies wake up like every two hours?
If a bathroom has no bath in it but has a shower, is it still a bathroom?
Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don’t point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?
Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
Does pushing the elevator button more than once make it arrive faster?
Dance like no one is looking!! Hmmm why?
Some more stuff:
Everyone goes through life learning, trying to adapt and survive. We all have our own set of values and frames of reference on how we tackle any given situation. Here is a shortlist of heartfelt thoughts and items I strive to live by or a personal code of conduct if you will.
1) Live tomorrow’s life today!
2) Never forget to say a simple please, thank you etc.
3) Never use the word ‘Ugly’ or all it’s variations to describe another human being.
4) Always tell the truth, and if you somehow cannot then I rather you be silent.
5) If there is no trust, then there is no relationship.
6) Listen with you ears and your heart, not with your mouth.
7) Choose your battles wisely, not all battles are worth fighting for nor are some even ‘battles’ to begin with.
8)If you do decide to engage in a battle, be prepared to lose. For no one ever truly wins in a battle.
9) Life is simple, it is man that makes it complicated.
10)You can only grow and move forward in life when you constantly challenge yourself.
11) Be grateful.
12) Happiness is not a state of being elated or high on life but rather it comes with inner peace and contentment.
13) Be humble.
14) The more you give, the more you receive.
15) Be the last to raise your voice
16) Count to ten, (once I have collected my wits and calm down, I can find an appropriate response)
17. Failing is fine. Aiming for second best isnt.
18) Dont dwell in the past (Live here. Live now. Live in this moment)
19) If you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all. (REAL IMPORTANT)
19) Go that extra step in trying to please or help somebody
I’ve got a hamstring issue to deal with, but I am confident I will be back running this weekend. I’ve biked and done tons of core. So, its all GOOD!!!
Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect the best. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others. Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you!
~ Christian D. Larson