~ Break The Silence ~
I am not a complainer. I pretty much don’t even really like to hear complaints from others. BUT, I listen and see how I can help. I am mostly really easy going and get along with everybody I meet. I dig meeting new people and I really dig all my running friends. Sometimes, though there are things that annoy me or kinda gives me pause. I stop and I think. I stop and think, I wouldn’t do that.
We all have our pet peeves, don’t we.
A pet peeve (or pet hate) is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to him or her, to a greater degree than others may find it. Pet peeves often involve specific behaviors of someone close, such as a spouse or significant other. These behaviors may involve disrespect, manners, personal hygiene, relationships, and family issues.
And so here are mine:
- If you make plans to run with somebody, NEVER run ahead and leave them behind. (this is huge for me)
- Runners who look you in the eye as you cross paths, but don’t return your friendly wave.
- Grunters. I know some of them can’t help it, but the noise can really take you out of your own rhythm.
- Don’t dig people who lie
- People who say they will call you back, but never do.
- People who stand way to close to me in lines. I need my personal space.
- Know it alls. HATE THIS. Because most people don’t know it all.
- Arrogance. Confidence is great, arrogance stinks.
- People who text while driving.
- People that throw out words like passive aggressive. Ummm, huh.
- One sided friendships. The kind where you give and give and give and the other takes and takes and takes. I really believe that people can only do what you allow, but I think we’ve all met people who constantly have their hands out and never know how to reciprocate and could be virtually added as a dependent on your tax return. That’s the person that I’m talking about.
- If you say your going to do something, do it.
So, I know this list is extensive and maybe a little angry sounding. I’m not angry. I never get angry. I am so easy going, that sometimes I wonder. Then my brain starts hurting and I have to stop all the wondering.
I am really beginning to feel antsy and unsettled. No running for almost 2 weeks will do that to you. I’m nervous because I see the doctor today. I think he will say MRI. And that means even more waiting. I am running out of time. Pun intended. I want to lace up and run. That’s it.
Had a very nice bike ride this morning. Was only planning on 10 miles or so, but bumped into a friend and bumped it up to 15 miles. The sun was shining brightly and that was a nice welcome change. It felt good.
So, what are some of your pet peeves? Break the silence!!!!
Mental is a muscle that needs exercise, just like muscles of the body.