~ First Ever “Feed The Turkey” Virtual Turkey Trot ~
Thanksgiving is 3 days away and I am sure most of you have your Thanksgiving Turkey Trot plans already in place. I know I do. Do you? It’s really a great time to run a Turkey Trot and then spend quality time with family and friends enjoying a good meal together.
Well the great folks over at dailymile have put together the first ever Feed the Turkey Virtual Turkey Trot – a great way to burn a few pre-feast calories, but more importantly raise funds for St Jude Children’s Research Hospital. According to their web site,
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital strives to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family’s ability to pay.
Amazing, don’t you think? So, a good cause PLUS the chance to have fun running before your nice meal. I fully intend to do it all. Donate, Run, Eat. In that order.
We hope you’ll join us, and please encourage your friends and family to join the fun as well. Here’s what you need to do to participate:
When you enter the Feed the Turkey Virtual Turkey Trot you will be asked to donate $1, $5, or $10 to St. Jude – it’s a small amount, but with large numbers, we can really make a difference!
There’s still plenty of time to enter. Here’s what you need to do:
- Sign up over at the Feed the Turkey web site.
- Tweet or post to Facebook that you’re participating in the “Feed The Turkey – Virtual 5k Turkey Trot”. To make things easy, all you have to do is click on theFacebook and/or Twitter button. [Required]
- Choose one of three donation amounts – $1, $5 or $10. Remember, 100% of ALL donations will go to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- If you’re already a dailymile member, click the Join the Challenge button to sign up. You can also join the challenge without a dailymile account, in which case you’ll be assigned a bib number you’ll need when you enter your finishing time.
- Run, stroll or walk a 5K on Thanksgiving day. It can be an official race, solo effort, or just a fun run with friends.
- Head back to the Feed the Turkey web site to post your results, print your “I earned my turkey!” finisher’s certificate, and be entered for cool prize giveaways!
If you are a fellow running blogger, Facebook user, or Twitter runner, please help us spread the word – Let’s all pitch in to make this event a huge success for St. Jude.
Isn’t Dailymile pretty neat??? Take a look and join up. It’s FREE.